Employment and Jobs
Con Agg is looking for long-term, motivated employees who want to be a member of a solid team. We offer competitive wages and great benefits such as family health insurance, 401K retirement savings with a company match, paid vacation time, paid holidays, safety incentives, and other great value.
Check out our employment opportunities.
Floating Scale House Clerk
Job Title: Floating Scale House Clerk
Job Summary: The Floating Scale House Operator is an individual with strong people and computer skills; whose primary functions are related to ensure each and every truck entering the facility is properly weighed and charged for the materials they deliver.
This position will “float” between quarries at Columbia, Sturgeon, Auxvasse, Reform, Jefferson City, Big Springs, Westphalia, Huntsville and Millersburg. All in located in Missouri.
Specific Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet all incoming truck drivers at the scale house. Answer the phone in a professional manner, acquiring all pertinent information for the customer order.
- Ensure all trucks are properly and accurately weighed on the scale both entering and leaving the facility
- Ascertain the client name and job location for each delivery
- Arrange customer deliveries with specified trucking companies
- Process credit card and cash transactions for COD customers
- Balance cash draw and make deposit at the end of each day
- Work with the office staff to properly set up orders and ticket accurately
- Maintain scale house and grounds clean and organized according to company 5S program
- Represent the company in a professional, courteous manner at all times
- Contact appropriate sales person with leads on larger projects
- Handle clerical or other job duties assigned by supervisor, including but not limited to, monthly fuel usage reports, rainfall data, and stockpile inventory reports
- Pleasant friendly personality who likes working with people
- General computer skills ? will train in specific software packages
- Prior cashiering experience preferred
- Individual should be detail oriented and exhibit strong organizational skills
- Review proper documentation for all deliveries
- Close scale house gates at the end of the day
Ready Mix Driver
Job Title: Concrete Mixer Truck Driver
Job Summary: This is a responsible "Technician" level position. This person has four "Support" level leadership responsibilities in the following roles, "Vision," "Management," "Professional/Technical," and "Lifestyle." This person is responsible for efficiently and effectively performing his/her duties, even the smallest details, with an enthusiasm that encourages customers and potential customers to choose Columbia Ready Mix/Land Concrete as their first choice in ready mix concrete companies. Such attitude and behavior supports the Columbia Ready Mix/Land Concrete mission of providing great customer service at a fair and reasonable price. This person is responsible for driving truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites by performing the following duties.
Ready Mix Driver Job Description
Ready Mix Driver Application
Job Title: Utility
Job Summary: General Plant Maintenance - Assist in repairing belts, replacing bearings and conveyor parts, changing screens, greasing plant and other maintenance duties as required.
Plant Clean Up - Assist in cleaning plant crushers, hoppers and concrete slabs using shovels, brooms, water hoses, etc...
Truck Driver/All Truck Drivers (Ex. Water Truck, Pit Truck, Stockpile Truck, Dirt Crew, Articulated Trucks) - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time while operating a haulage truck. The employee would need to be able to climb a 6-8 ft ladder to gain access to the cab of the larger trucks. If driving an 18 ton truck, the employee will make numerous trips in and out of the cab to turn the bin on and off. Truck drivers are also required to help make repairs on the plant when malfunctions occur.
Skill Loader Operator
Job Title: Low-Boy Driver
Job Summary:The Lowboy Truck Driver is responsible for operating a truck & trailer for transportation of construction material and equipment. In this position, the Driver will load construction equipment (may include but are not limited to: front end loader, crusher equipment, fuel tanks, dozer, excavator, oversized loads) onto trailer and transport to various construction sites. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks.
Low-Boy Driver Job Description
Low-Boy Driver Application
Experienced Welder / Fabricator
Job Title: Welder / Fabricator
Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Quality Control Technician
Job Title: QC Technician
Job Summary:Con-Agg Companies, LLC has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Technician to inspect road construction materials. Applicant must have a strong understanding in the procedures and specification of construction aggregates. Con-Agg offers a competitive wage and benefit package including holiday pay, 401k, Health and Wellness Package and more.
Ready Mix Dispatcher
Job Title: Ready Mix Dispatcher
Location: Columbia, MO
Job Summary: The focus in this role is to exceed the customer and company requirements for Customer Service, Quality, and Efficiency while managing and overseeing the activities of the Customer Service and Dispatch functions with respect to scheduling delivery to meet customer demands and optimize capabilities.